Self-care is so important, especially during difficult times. We’ve been dealing with a lot from a global pandemic and quarantine to worldwide social unrest and injustice. So it’s okay if you haven’t been on top of your self-care game lately. But quarantine self-care doesn’t have to be difficult! Here are 18 small, simple (but wonderful!) acts of self-care you can do right now:
1. Read for pleasure.
An erotica story. A romance novel. A piece of classic literature. A fantasy series. Read something that gives your mind an orgasm.
2. Put on some lingerie and do your own boudoir photoshoot.
First, play some sensual music and light a candle. Then set the selfie timer on your phone and have some fun! This has been such a fun act of self-care for me during quarantine and bonus: it’s helped me feel sexy and confident!
3. Jam out to my self love playlist on Spotify.
Or make your quarantine self-care playlist! Nothing some Cardi B or Demi Lovato to help uplift and empower you!
4. Run your hands through your hair and massage your scalp.
5. Quarantine Self Care MUST: Upgrade your underwear!
Seriously, when was the last time you bought new underwear? And throw away all those raggedy old ones too! You deserve nice, new underwear.
6. Make your favorite hot beverage and sip it slowly.
Enjoy the smell, the warmth, the flavors and savor them.
7. Spend 1 hour reading up on, listening to, or learning about something that genuinely interests you.
If you need some new books to read, check out my favorite books for self-love and confidence.
8. Light a candle or diffuse some essential oils.
Not only does this make your senses happy, but it’s also proven that nice smells can help you de-stress and promote relaxation. Talk about some great quarantine self-care!
9. Give yourself a hug.
Seriously, wrap your arms around yourself right now and feel those oxytocins flood your brain! Dr. Kristin Neff, pioneer of self-compassion research explains how giving yourself a hug is an easy way to practice self-compassion! If you want more tools for self-compassion, listen to my podcast interview with Dr. Kristin Neff.
10. Send your best friend a sweet text.
You’ll say something kind to them and they’ll return it back to you! It’ll be a little love fest! Part of self-care is learning a balance between giving and receiving love.
11. Do some shoulder rolls and neck stretches as you breathe deeply.
Because there’s no reason why you shouldn’t make yourself feel good.
13. Eat a snack without your phone, TV, or any distractions.
This will help with intuitive eating, which is a great act of self-care to practice during quarantine.
14. Unbutton your pants (or just take them off completely) and relax your tummy.
Stop sucking in your tummy and restricting your airflow! Your tummy doesn’t have to be flat. Let yourself breathe.
15. Moisturize you’re body.
Put lotion on your legs, cream on your face, and chapstick on your lips.
16. Chug a giant glass of water.
And then drink another one. You can never be too hydrated!
17. Talk a walk outside.
Fresh air is so good for mental health! Take advantage of the outdoors especially with social-distancing and quarantine measures in place.
18. Dance in your underwear!
My self-love playlist has the perfect music for booty-poppin’ or smooth groovin’!
I hope this list gave you some ideas for self-care during quarantine! Let me know how you like them by tagging me in your Instagram stories. I’m @maryscupofteaa 🙂